The Design Box
Helping the planet,
one tree at a time.
We’re a company with a conscience, which is why we take sustainability extremely seriously. Not only do we strive to minimise our impact on the environment, but we also take every action possible to give back to our planet. Join us in creating a sustainable future and make your company completely eco-friendly, just like ours.
Design Box Green Policy
How Design Box is helping the planet in 3 steps...
There are enough climate solutions that are out there right now, that if we supported them, it would undo 30 years of carbon damage, by avoiding 1,500 billion tonnes of CO2. Design Box is helping the cause.
1. Tree Planting
It’s now common knowledge that one of the best tools to tackle the climate crisis and keep our temperatures from rising above 1.5C is to plant trees. They are also crucial to preventing ecological collapse. We’re embarking on this rewarding journey to low-carbon living, we will see 50 new tree’s planted for every new client that works with us here at Design Box.
2. Climate Positive Workforce
Our whole team is part of Design Box’s climate positive workforce, meaning each staff member is working towards minimising their carbon footprint and supporting local and global environment. Our climate positive workforce includes reducing the use of non-recyclable materials, using only “green energy”, and having an individual employee allowance on business travel.
3. Carbon Offsetting
Design Box is supporting CO2 reduction projects with Gold Standard certification, knowing our efforts are being driven to the highest-rated projects and making the most impact possible to help our planet.
Did You know?
- The internet consumes a lot of electricity. 416.2TWh per year to be precise. To give you some perspective, that’s more than the entire United Kingdom. From data centres and transmission networks to the devices we hold in our hands, they are all-consuming electricity and produce carbon emissions.
- The Internet's energy and carbon footprints are estimated to exceed those of air travel.
- The average website produces 1.76 grams CO2 per page view. For a website with 10,000 monthly page views, that's 211kg CO2 per year.
- The information communications and technology industry - which delivers internet, video, voice, and other cloud services - produces more than 830 million tons of carbon dioxide annually. That's about 2% of global CO2 emissions.
We aim to offset all of the carbon used and be an ultimately climate positive digital marketing agency. We hope that all of our client’s website will be working alongside us to help us achieve this goal.
We are setting our target to plant 10,000 trees, and we need your help to do this. For every client review, new website and marketing campaign, we will plant trees in your name. If you want to be a part of helping the planet, be a part of Design Box.