Planning The Launch Of Your Website?
For launching a new website when it comes to WordPress websites, at Design Box Media, we follow a meticulous process. Find out more about our top 40 checklist that we use to ensure everything goes well below…
- 1. Determine your goals. What are the objectives the website is aiming to achieve?
- 2. What offer are you going to include with the launch?
- 3. No doubt, you expect the launch to be big. It is a good idea to contact your merchant account provider to warn them that you will be expecting a large number of sales.
- 4. Are you going to offer a payment plan? This is something that needs to be considered for higher priced services or products.
- 5. Make it interesting and fun.
- 6. Set a date and time for your launch.
7. Clear your schedule in the lead up to the launch and create margin.
Pre-launch Website Checklist
8. Now, you’re into the pre-launch section, which involves creating the campaign. All blog posts and emails should be mapped out.
- 9. Craft a genesis story that evokes emotion.
- 10. Create a sense of identity and belonging to your service and product.
- 11. Ask your target consumer base if there is something they are interested in before you build it.
- 12. Acknowledge and include any audience involvement so you can demonstrate their commitment.
- 13. Release special pre-launch content to help you get some results in advance.
- 14. Prepare additional marketing materials.
- 15. Create the sales video or page.
- 16. Do something original that is going to make you stand out from the rest.
17. Review what is working so far.
Mid-Launch Website Checklist
- 18. Set up an order and checkout process.
- 19. Put together a welcome email, and make sure you follow up.
- 20. Get other people to review your sales page.
- 21. Triple-check everything.
- 22. Proof and edit the sales page and get someone else to as well.
- 23. Send everything – your email announcement and blog post – out.
- 24. Post on social media.
- 25. Update affiliates
- 26. Update people regarding the launch feedback so far.
- 27. Ask strategic partners for assistance with spreading the word.
28. Listen to your feedback and respond – often the most important point of them all!
Website Post-Launch Checklist
- 29. Now the launch is over, you should celebrate.
- 30. Follow through with initial buyers.
- 31. Create a survey.
- 32. Smooth out any kinks.
- 33. Wrap it up – remove bonuses and close carts.
- 34. Over-deliver on value.
- 35. Make the experience memorable.
- 36. Automate feedback.
- 37. Give your audience an update.
- 38. Review.
40. Plan ahead for your next launch.
So there you have it!
The 40-point checklist we use to guarantee launch success! We hope you took something useful from this blog to assist you in whatever way it has. If you'd like to learn a little more, or find out something interesting, then check out the blogs below!