That's right, we've gone and done it. We've created a new brand identity. A completely reimagined look for our company. We believe this is the most significant jump we have made for our brand and we couldn't be more excited to tell you all about what we've been up to... It’s been four years, and we have decided to rebrand as an agency to increase awareness of our brand further.
Going through different iterations of the project, we can recall the idea of a rebrand officially started back in March 2020, at the time talks of an office move were being proposed, to make space for our growing team. Unfortunately, Coronavirus seemed to halt a lot of our initial progress as we doubled down our focus to help our clients through these difficult times. Naturally, the rebrand was a little stop-start in the early stages, where our focus was less about finding time to put back into ourselves, and more about aligning ourselves to our client’s goals and survival.
We focused on the integral ideas of what Design Box Media means to us and our long term goals. Many companies around us can switch up their look because of being reactive in this market, we’ve seen agencies rebrand almost instantly to help them keep up with the times, which is not a bad thing on paper.
We wanted to dig deep and come up with a visual identity and brand personality which would reflect who we are now. Although a quick fix could have been more cost effective, no expense had been left behind. We wanted to focus our thoughts on how we can stay ahead, from internal processes to our impact on the environment, and in the process show that we are more relevant than ever before.
In July 2020 we welcomed back Marc Baker who is our Senior Designer. Marc has worked with many brands including Monitor Audio, Bulb, Zoopla and more. Marc was the latest addition to our Design team back in July, as we were preparing to embark on a complete company rebrand. Marc gained sufficient experience knowing exactly what goes into a rebrand when starting out, as these sorts of projects can naturally take many twists and turns. We needed someone to oversee the process and manage the teams inputs and research collectively. “We were very excited at the idea to work with Marc again, where he had previously worked with us five years ago” said Thomas Amos.
On re-joining the Design Box team, Marc had this to say...
“I was delighted to be given the opportunity to come back to Design Box Media. What was meant to be a 4-week contract turned into a new role being created for me. No matter if I was working for another company or studio, Tom would have me drop by from time to time for a catch-up. Even though some time had passed since we last worked together, I would always make remarks about coming back one day and working with Tom again. We’ve achieved so much in what feels like little time and to be heading up a team and moving forwards with our ever-growing client base, we are really excited to roll out this new rebrand, and the next chapter for Design Box.”
As the rebrand was starting to take shape, there was the other big news of an office move across the road to a much larger premises. This created more work for our team, and naturally, the excitement started to build as the rest of the team started putting together a much wider plan of how we want our new office to feel. As the ideas accumulated, one thing was essential to Design Box Media’s growth: the culture. Once the office had been refitted for purpose, culture was at the heart of everything important to creating a workspace that everyone can enjoy and look after. The intake of a new state of the art coffee machine was to the delight of everyone’s mood as there are eight coffee options to choose from, and every kind of tea you can imagine under the sun is stocked up in our new space. Not only will our staff enjoy these hot beverages, but it's also our clients and partners who we can’t wait to welcome into our new space, and take a coffee from our own freshly roasted beans.
A new break out area means the team has more space to enjoy the things they love. A favourite between everyone is that our Google Foosball table made the journey over to our new office and has brought a lot of new competition to the fold, as everyone clambers together to try and compete for the glory! The new Design Box meeting room boasts space and entertainment options, as well as the chance to pitch and present wonderful high definition concepts to our clients.
As lockdown reigned in tighter on our abilities to be able to have everyone in the same place at one time, the team had to shift gears and be able to access vital communication points when working from home, which had us introduce a new booking system for our clients to meet with our team on an appointment basis. So zooming aside, we also had a handy delivery from our communications partners with brand new phone systems setup. We want to thank our partners Wildfire Phones and Wildfire Energy for helping us to source a green energy supplier for our new office space as we strive forwards to be a complete Eco-Friendly company, putting back in what we take out.
On the topic of being Eco Friendly, we partnered with Ecologi. One of the many ways we’ve sought to improve on our own practices is implementing an entirely new hosting infrastructure. With more updates including improvements and reliability we are proud to offer Google Cloud to our clients. One of the many reasons we are making good positive changes is all to help the ecosystem.
It’s now common knowledge that one of the best tools to tackle the climate crisis and keep our temperatures from rising above 1.5C is to plant trees. They are also crucial to preventing ecological collapse. We feel encouraged that more work now than ever is being done to tackle this crisis.
New additions to the team
We brought in two new faces to the company as we welcomed Dan Boyden, our Junior Apprentice in Web Development and Support. And we said hello to SEO Executive - Joe Turbin. Joe arrived in August and spent the first month doing research on our existing clients. He then implemented SEO techniques across key pages on the site, making sure the content is plentiful where necessary, keywords are properly inserted and spaced and more. Since then, this client (Firework Crazy) have had a significant increase in rankings, making them have a lot more presence in Google Search Engines.
Speaking about joining the Design Box team, Joe had this to say...
“I've really enjoyed my time at Design Box since joining. When I first joined, I was incredibly eager to get to work after a difficult start to 2020. Since then, I feel like I have thoroughly progressed as an SEO expert and have made some great friends along the way. I truly feel like an integral part of a family, ready to play a part in our clients' success and subsequently, Design Box's success.”
We are delighted with the changes made to Design Box over the past six-twelve months but we are a long way off being finished yet. We can't wait to reveal plenty more exciting improvements to you in the latter part of 2021... Stay tuned..
We wanted to take a moment to share what the Design Box Media office will look like for the next couple of weeks, and more importantly, what this means for your sites and business.
We want to assure you that Design Box Media is running smoothly. We have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation as it unfolds. At this current time its business as usual but we have set up a contingency plan in place should we all have to work remotely. There will be no change in the support, service, or experience for you and your sites or business.
What does this mean for your business?
- All current and future meetings have now been rescheduled via online meeting software (Zoom chat or Google Hangouts). Should you need to book a consultation or meeting please Book an online meeting here.
- If you have any website or support requests you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we can allocate the correct person to your request.
- Business opening hours will be the same as normal 09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Please only call the mainline 01702 46431 or 0800 1933 655. Staff direct numbers may not be in operation.
- Out of hours, support will remain for emergency situations (read below)
What to do in emergency situations
What we consider to be emergencies for out of hours support.
- Your website goes down (support available for website maintenance and or website hosting clients only).
- If you can not send or receive emails (support available for email hosting clients only).
- Should you suspect or experience any security issues (support available for website maintenance, website hosting and or email hosting clients only)
- If you have an online web store and are unable to receive payments due to any technical errors (support available for website maintenance clients only).
If you are not on any of our website maintenance and support plans and or need assistance please email email@example.com.
Out of hours you may incur slower response times and we may not able to always attend the phone, should this be the case please leave a short answer message or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address your issue ASAP.
We are here to help
Right now, we believe it’s more important than ever to provide you with peace of mind that your website will be looked after. We’ll continue to offer 24/7 support for your sites, provide successful marketing campaigns, and create helpful content for you and your teams.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have experienced changes to your business that you need to discuss with us.
Since the situation is fluid, we will continue to keep you all updated should that change.
Our new Client marketing dashboard
Do you ever feel like you struggle to keep track of your online marketing and get lost on the many different platforms? To make things simple for our clients, at Design Box Media we've created a brand new, fully customisable marketing dashboard displaying over 30 marketing integrations including SEO, PPC, Social Media and many more. Our new dashboard sends automatic monthly reports to our clients for any chosen integration. We will be offering this service completely free of charge to our existing marketing clients and will provide them with their personally dedicated login.
Our main goal is to be transparent and completely honest with our clients, giving them the same access we have to their marketing statistics. We also want to ensure our clients understand their online marketing, our new dashboard breaks down all the components of online marketing into a number of sections with easy to read pie charts, graphs and statistics with an extremely easy to use interface.
What Exactly does our dashboard include?
- View your rankings for all your keywords in a both Google and Bing and the live changes of these rankings.
- See all of the backlinks to your site along with their trust flow score and citation flow score. You can also find out if your site has any new links, lost links and if these links are follow or nofollow.
- Keep track of your competition by being able to add up to ten competitors.
- Run site audits to keep up to date with any errors, warnings and notices.
- See which pages and keywords gain the most traffic to your site.
- View how many sessions your site has and if these sessions are gained from organic search, direct, paid search, social or referrals.
- Gain information on the average time of each session, the percentage of how many of these sessions are new and the average bounce rate.
- Take a look at your who's interacting with your business, our new dashboard displays where your audience is (worldwide), their age, gender and the device they use.
- Your conversions.
- Which pages get the most traffic and which are the most popular pages to exit your site on.
- Our dashboard integrates with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn and Google+.
- See how much engagement your social media receives, including likes, shares and comments.
- Where your engagement is coming from; showing the top countries, cities and languages interested in your business.
- Who is engaging in your social media; find out the age and gender of your audience.
- See how much of your engagement is organic compared to being paid for.
- View all your adverts in one place, keeping track of all your campaigns, ad groups, ads and conversions.
- We can integrate your dashboard with Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, LinkedIn Ads and Ad Roll.
- See how much you've spent overall on adverts, how much you're paying per conversion and how much you're paying per click.
- Find out which campaigns, ad groups and adverts are the most successful.
- Keep track of email campaigns, how many emails have been sent and how many have been opened.
- View the percentage of recipients who have opened your email and the average bounce rate.
- See how many people have unsubscribed from that particular email.
- View the date and time of every email campaign you have sent.
- Receive a monthly report on a specific date straight to your chosen email inbox.
- Reports include updates on every component that is featured on your custom dashboard.
Each of our marketing clients will be able to have their own personal log in, giving you exclusive access to your own personal custom dashboard. All of these features can be viewed in a monthly, weekly, daily or custom basis, allowing you to see your statistics in a specific timeline if needed. For example, you can view your spend on Google Adwords throughout the month, week or specific day.
Our new dashboard is nearly ready to launch, coming to all of our marketing clients in August. If you have any questions or are interested in gaining access to our dashboard by becoming one of our marketing clients, feel free to contact us.